When you use the Website, subscribe to our Newsletter, register for a Pret Card, utilize our online services or contact our Customer Services team, we may gather personal data from you including, but not limited to, your first and last names, phone numbers, credit/debit card information, addresses and email addresses.
Personal data collected from you may be used for the following purposes:
1. handling feedback, requests for information or enquires from you and giving you responses;
2. processing and following up your orders and payments;
3. verifying your identity and checking our records;
4. communicating with you about your accounts;
5. direct marketing including providing you with updates of our new products, services and shops, information about promotional events and marketing materials in relation to Pret's food and beverages and related products, catering and delivery services (the "Marketing Materials");
6. meeting requirements imposed by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or court orders or assisting with law enforcement in Hong Kong or elsewhere; and
7. other purposes relating to any of the above.
We will not use your personal data, including your name and contact details, in direct marketing unless we have received your prior express consent. If you would like to receive Marketing Materials from Pret, please indicate your consent by subscribing to our Newsletter. After providing us with your consent, if you decide you no longer want us to use your personal data in direct marketing, please unsubscribe from our Newsletter either by clicking the “unsubscribe here” link on the e-mails or, for registered users, by unticking the Newsletter option in the My Account section.
The provision of your personal data is entire voluntary. Please note that if you do not provide us with the required personal data, we may not be able to provide your requested information, products or services.
1. Pret’s parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pret Group”);
2. any agent, contractor or third party who provides services in connection with products or services provided by the Pret Group;
3. any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technical, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, market survey, promotion, direct marketing services, or other services in connection with the operation of the business of Pret; and
4. any person or entity to whom Pret is under an obligation or otherwise required to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or court orders.
Your personal data may be shared or transferred to parties who may be located in or outside Hong Kong. The laws governing personal data protection in these jurisdictions may differ from the laws of Hong Kong. We will comply with the laws of Hong Kong on personal data protection to ensure that similar and/or comparable standards for personal data protection under these laws are maintained by entities outside of Hong Kong which receive your personal data from us. By your voluntary provision of personal data to us, you are consenting to the disclosure, transfer and use of your personal data outside Hong Kong for the abovementioned purposes. Unless we have your consent, we will not sell, transfer or disclose your personal data to any third party outside the Pret Group.
You do not have to have cookies installed to view the Website and you can change your website browser setting to remove or reject cookies at any point or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. Each browser has a different way to remove or reject cookies so it is best to check in your browser’s “help” section (it is usually somewhere near the top of the page). Please note that, by disabling cookies, you may not be able to use certain features or services of the Website. For example, if the cookies are disabled, the checkout process may be disrupted and you may not be able to successfully place the order.
The information we collect through the cookies may be used for various purposes, including but not limited to:
1. tracking patterns of behaviour of visitors to see what areas and features of our website are popular in order to improve the design and management of the Website;
2. recognizing web browser of repeat visitors so that we can gather statistics on the aggregate anonymous number of visits to evaluate the effectiveness of this Website;
3. identifying your web browser when you visit the Website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities; and
4. allowing you to place and amend the selected items in the shopping basket during the visit and allow orders to be placed.
If you would like to discuss cookies with us in more detail, please do contact us at email@example.com.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data which you have given us to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal data. However, you should note that no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public can be 100% safe and secured.
Should your account with us be cancelled or terminated or you decide to withdraw your registration at any time, we shall cease processing your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable following such cancellation, termination or withdrawal, provided that we may keep copies of your data as is reasonably required for archival purposes, for use in relation to any actual or potential dispute, for the purpose of compliance with applicable laws and regulations or for the purpose of enforcing any agreement we have with you, for protecting our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our affiliates and employees.
If you wish to remove your personal data from our database, you may unsubscribe from our Newsletter either by clicking the “unsubscribe here” link on the e-mails, or, for registered users, by unticking the Newsletter option in the My Account section.
If you have any questions about our policies or practices in relation to personal data, please contact us at:
Pret A Manger (USA) Limited
Unit 2001 - 2006, 20/F, Prosperity Millennia Plaza, 663 King's Road, North Point
Telephone: 2520 0445